Since leading our first round of financing in 2014, Golden Seeds has been an invaluable partner. Golden Seeds’ financial and market expertise proved critical in our second round of financing. Golden Seeds helped position Bergen Medical for success through introductions to key market experts who have helped us with product expansion plans and contacts with key decision makers and potential customers. As an investor partner, Golden Seeds’ guidance, support and contacts have made a meaningful contribution to where we are today.
It’s no understatement to say that our company would not exist were it not for Golden Seeds. We’ve gone from an idea to testing a drug in patients for $25 million, unheard of in our market. Only Golden Seeds took the time to understand my ideas of how to revolutionize CNS drug discovery and target this terrible disease in a novel way that is now accepted as the basis for Alzheimer’s disease. Without their unflagging support, we would not be on the brink of realizing the enormous value we have created.
Golden Seeds is indeed ‘smart’ money, especially for a female entrepreneur. Tapping the wise, yet brutally honest counsel, the extensive network, and the strong support of this group of deeply experienced women and men is proving to be invaluable to growing our company.
AboutOne is a cloud and mobile platform that provides a safe place to organize and connect family.
Trusted Hands is a B2B company offering a platform for matching customers with providers of specialized housing.
Avaxia was a clinical stage biotechnology company developing gut-targeted antibody therapeutics.
Culture Jam was a B2B one-stop shop for social media marketing solutions. Acquired by Deluxe Corporation.
Style for Hire is a national network of trained and certified personal stylists who bring affordable in-home wardrobe advice and shopping assistance to customers.
Cravebox is a product discovery platform bringing brands and consumers together via specially prepared boxes that arrive at Members' homes.
Texture Media is a community-driven platform that empowers and connects millions of female beauty consumers, stylists, and hundreds of hair care and beauty brands. Acquired by ULTRA/Standard.
Jo Ann Corkran,
• Lead investor in life sciences and technology
• Board Member, Crimson Hexagon, a social media monitoring company, Golden Seeds
• 10+ years early stage experience, CSAM/CSFB fixed income
• BS in Mathematics, NYU, Fellow, Society of Actuaries (Lapsed)
• Began first company, EMJ, from the trunk of his vehicle, grew business to over $350M in annual sales
• Former CEO of SYNNEX Canada, a global information tech supply chain company. Current partner with Canrock Ventures, an early stage venture fund
• Active Angel investor, advisor, board member and mentor to 150+ companies with 25 exits including Blackberry
• Systems Design Engineering, University of Waterloo
• Managing Partner Golden Seeds Fund 2
• Lead investor in SaaS and medical device companies for Golden Seeds
• Board member of Bergen Medical Products, Open Road Integrated Media, and Oculogica for Golden Seeds
• 20 years investment experience. BNP Paribas investment banking executive management in Leveraged Finance and Global High Yield
• BA Economics, College of Mt. St. Vincent
• MBA Finance, NYU Stern School of Business
• Managing Partner, Golden Seeds Fund2 LP, life sciences sector
• 30+ years of combined experience in pharma, biotech and engineering
• BS/MS Engineering, Belgrade University
• PhD, Rutgers University, Post-Doc, Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Law Degree, Yeshiva University
• Managing Partner, Golden Seeds Fund LP
• Held stakes in 11 private companies with focus on software, hardware, consumer goods, life sciences and internet technologies
• Board member of Cognition Therapeutics for Golden Seeds
• Previously at J.P. Morgan/Chase, specializing in structured finance, risk management and financial services
• BA, George Washington University
• Active investor in early stage high growth companies on behalf of Golden Seeds since 2008
• Board member of Donde Fashion for Golden Seeds
• Former Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
• 40 year career in equity research analysis with focus in insurance and financial institutions
• Earned high rank on the All American Research Team for ten years
• Early stage companies investor with focus in technology, life sciences, media and consumer fields
• Director, Golden Seed’s Rapt Media, Inc.
• Board member of Work Truck Solutions for Golden Seeds
• Director, CSI Enterprises, a tech services company
• BA History, Colgate University
• MBA in Finance and Marketing, Columbia University
Investor Relations and Press Contact:
• Cum Laude BA, Franklin and Marshall
• MBA, Stanford University
• Managing Director, Golden Seeds
• Early stage, high-growth companies investor
• Formerly at Morgan Stanley & Co.
Lynn Polakoff Baine
830 Third Avenue (corner of 51st Street) | 2nd Floor
New York, New York 10022
+1 (888) 629 6774